SmartFreight (Randburg, Johannesburg)
About the Role:
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Sales Executive to help us expand our customer base in the courier/logistics industry. You will be the front of the company in South Africa and will need to have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with our customers.
Support for the role will come from the Sales Director and a network of colleagues both in South Africa and Australia. Put simply, your brief is to develop, generate and convert leads through day-to-day sales activities. You will proactively manage accounts, through developing relationships with your allocated portfolio of local customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets.
- Ability to operate autonomously to reach targets.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Design and implement strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures it has a strong presence in the market place.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs, encourage additional business and/or upsell additional functionality.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Ability to demonstrate products and prove to customer’s that the solution will solve their business needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Experience and understanding of the courier/logistic market.
- Proven sales track record.
- Experience in customer support is a plus.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in English.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build rapport.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Ethical behavior. Candidate must respect confidential information.
- Own driver’s license and vehicle.
- Tertiary qualification in business, sales or relevant field.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Smartfreight® made its name in the early 1990’s, in Australia, in providing a generic multi-carrier freight dispatch system, SmartFreight®, which has resulted in the company becoming the undisputed market leaders in the various countries within which it now operates. They have always taken the view that the supply chain industry is built upon close inter-related partnerships between shippers, customers, freight carriers, freight consultants and software providers whether that be a Transport Management System (TMS)® such as SmartFreight® or an ERP/WMS solution. In that vein Smartfreight® have forged extremely robust, long term strategic alliances to streamline the supply chain for their clients and partners.